Thursday, July 15, 2010

2 Cards Today!

I am back with 2 cards today! Since I have been out of school for the summer, I have been in the mood to just make cards! I am also planning a Stamp-a-Stack for July 29th and so I am getting prepared for that also. These are NOT cards we will be making for my SAS but just some new supplies I have been experimenting with. This first card is made with 3 new products from Stampin' Up. First is the Newsprint DSP (which I LOVE!), the New Daffodill Delight color cardstock and ribbon! I stamped the image from Upsy Daisy and heat embossed it with Black Embossing Powder onto Crumb Cake Cardstock. I weathered the edges a little by simply running my fingernail across the edge. The greeting "Thank You" comes from the Thank You Kindly Stamp Set. I punched out a 3/4" circle and a 1/2" circle and placed a black brad in the middle. I attached the Crumb Cake piece using dimensionals so the brad could fit comfortably underneath. The next card I made is a simple card using Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, Daffodill Delight, and Whisper White. The image was stamped with Soft Suede and it is from the Hostess Stamp set "It's the Thought" I used my Stampin Write Markers to color the cute little flower and vase. I embossed the Cajun Craze cardstock with my Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and used the Scallop Border Punch along the bottom edge. I used the "tearing technique" to add some definition to the card. This card was quick, simple and perfect for an "its the thought" card.  Here is an upclose picture of how I colored the image with these Stampin' Write Markers: Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, and Daffodill Delight.


I hope you enjoy these two cards and let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy! Until Next Time, Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails